Ingredients (serves 4)
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2/3 cup (140g) semi-dried tomatoes, drained, chopped
- 1 large avocado, thinly sliced (see note)
- I chicken Breast cooked and diced
- 1 cup (120g) grated cheddar cheese
- sour cream and lime wedges, to serve
- Preheat a large sandwich press. Place 4 tortillas on workbench. Top each with tomatoes, avocado, chicken and cheese. Season with pepper. Sandwich with remaining tortillas.
- Place quesadillas, 2 at a time, in sandwich press. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until toasted and heated through (see tip).
- Cut quesadillas in half. Serve with sour cream and lime wedges.
- Tip: Quesadillas can also be cooked in a large, greased frying pan over medium-high heat. Or in the oven on a tray with another tray on top to squash the tortillas down.
For some reason or another we are drawn to bad foods. Is it the fact that they’re bad? Like when your parents say don’t eat sweets before tea because it’s bad so while they’re not looking we try and shove as many cookies in our mouths as we can. Well…maybe you didn’t do this but I did! This of course doesn’t do my hips or butt any favours and now that I’m going to be training for INBA Sports Model division this October, the need to stay away from that very very bad food has become more necessary and a lot harder! So what do I do when I get that craving for something really really bad? I make Quesadillas! Not only are they pretty healthy but they smell and taste so so good that any craving you had for something greasy or oily is completely satisfied. The best part is they don’t take that long to make either! Instead of sour cream though I have home-made salsa with mine…but you guys go ahead and treat yourselves Stay tuned for some more of my favourite meals for now, I gotta go train!
originally on Taste
Incoming search terms:
- quesadilla chicken sandwich press